Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reflections-THE END



Some of my favorite tools for my digital tool box are: Google Reader, Wikis, Photostory, Jing, Animoto and Diigo.

Now that my students are familiar with Photostory, I want to assist them in creating their own Photostory using family photos, study trip photos and classroom activity photos. It would be so great to teach them to make a "How To" video and let them take photos of all the steps. It would be such an all-inclusive lesson.

Unexpected outcome: I've enjoyed this so much that I sent the 11 Tools web address to my sister who teaches in a different school district. She teaches unconventional classes and I asked her to look at what is digitally available and to think of how she might incorporate some of the applications into her class. We are both having fun making videos, playing with mashups, and creating wikis....and we can share our information without a bunch of emails! Whoo hoo!

Have a great Summer!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the journey. Yes, there are SO many tools available that we can use with kids to create, collaborate and communicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jennifer! I am so impressed with your work and all that you do with technology in your classroom. Thank you so much for the support you have provided to your colleagues through this process. Thank you for being an awesome leader.

    ReplyDelete