Sunday, June 13, 2010

Digital Storytelling - Tool #7



This is not my first time to use photostory. Because my students are non-readers, I use photostory, power point, and movie maker to make visual teaching tools that reinforce concepts and language skills. My students respond best when they see themselves in the videos. This is an example of something I would use at the beginning of school. Editing is so easy that if a new student shows up, I can insert his/her photo in no time.

When you're not familiar with the programs, it can be very labor intensive. The most important lesson I learned this year was to USE MY SAN FOLDER! I had several viruses attack my computer this year and lost a few of our "videos". Needless to say, I was not happy.

...and yes...that is Jacob in the last photo.

2 comments:

  1. Great photostory! I bet the kids in your class enjoyed seeing themselves in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your photostory! I know that the kids loved seeing themselves in the video.

    I found it interesting that a number of the teachers were reading your blog. I excited to see so many people learning about new ways to incorporate technology into their teaching strategies. Keep learning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete