Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jing and Skype - Tools #9

JING-I see Jing as an instructional tool with other professionals. Many teachers visited my classroom this year to see my use of the Activboard with multiply-impaired students. Every time I was asked, "How did you do that with Boardmaker?" Using Jing allows me to capture and narrate the steps needed to create specific effects. I feel like if I just send people the Boardmaker files or flipcharts, then they don't understand how to modify thing for their students' specific needs.

Here is an example for how I use Jing to show others how to do things using the Boardmaker Program.

How do I make a button change color when hit?
Sorry there is no volume as my mic for some weird reason doesn't work with some programs!


SKYPE-My family uses Skype frequently to communicate while on business trips, or with friends and family that just don't live near us.

For my students, Skype is a wonderful communication tool. As I have stated previously, my class is non-verbal and/or deaf and deafblind (low vision). Skype is the perfect tool that allows them to communicate with others. Some can hear on the telephone but can't respond back. Some can't read so texting or a TTY is not useful. Using video format is the best of both worlds.
Even if a student can only respond with a head nod, they can communicate through Skype. It also opens up our ability to communicate with other deaf children in other classrooms across the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment